DATA SET 2 : Data Visualization
Lead: The declining employment rate of full-time students in British Columbia over the last 6 months.
Excel Workbook link and explanation: As stated in the original Excel Sheet of the original data set or the Raw data set, it shows the unemployment, employment and participation rate of full time students. In the Data Slice section, it specifically highlights the Employment Rate of full time students in BC. With the shown percentage it declines over the last month. As, it is 39.4 % in September 2023 and falls to 36.6 % in February 2024. The original data covers all the necessary information regarding the employment, unemployment of full-time and part time students in Canada varying from the age group of 15-29 years.
Original Data Set Link: Unemployment rate, participation rate, and employment rate by type of student during school months, monthly, unadjusted for seasonality
https://www150.statcan.gc.ca/t1/tbl1/en/cv.action?pid=1410002101
Hi Jasmine, great update! I think would be nice if you included how much the employment rate has declined in the last six months in your lead. I think it would also be interesting to look at the employment rate over the last year instead of six months. Overall, great job!
ReplyDeleteHi Jasmine, I think you did an amazing job here, your data slice is clear to understand. I think you can compare data every year or every six months so you can show more differences among the number of changes.
ReplyDeleteHey Jasmine, nice choice in data set. As everyone said before it was very easy to see how your data set illustrated your lead. The only thing I would recommend is making the link for the original data set as the whole sentence rather than just the ":".
ReplyDeleteHi Jasmine, you have an interesting choice in data slice. However, it would be better, if you show the number or percentage in your lead so that the audience can have a better grasp of a topic at first look.
ReplyDelete